A Florida jumbo loan is a mortgage where the loan amount is over the conforming limit. Because such a large amount is being borrowed lenders often charge slightly higher interest rates for these loans. Conforming loan limits vary based on your location, and are higher in areas of the country with higher housing prices.
In most Florida locations this limit is $726,200 – some higher costs locations like Monroe County – Key West is even higher. This standard is set by the two governmental-backed agencies of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Together they set the limit on the maximum value of any individual mortgage they will purchase from a lender, bank or broker. When Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae max loan limits don’t cover the full amount, it is commonly known as a “jumbo loan”
The current 2023 Jumbo mortgage starts at loan amounts greater than $726,200. This applies to most of Fla and throughout the U.S. Again, any loan amount that exceeds the amount listed below for a single 1-unit property would be classified as a Jumbo loan. All major Florida cities are listed below.
Jacksonville (Duval & St. Johns County) $726,200
Orlando (Orange & Seminole County) $726,200
Tampa/ St. Pete (Hillsborough and Pinellas County) $726,200
Tallahassee (Leon County) $726,200
Miami (Dade County) $726,200
West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) $726,200
Gainesville (Alachua County) $726,200
Naples (Collier County) $726,200
Sarastoa Sarasota County) 726,200
The Keys (Monroe County) $874,000
The average interest rates on jumbo mortgages can be slightly higher than for conforming mortgages because they are considered higher risk for lenders. This is because if a jumbo mortgage loan defaults, it may be harder to sell a luxury residence versus a standard-priced house.
High-cost properties can be more vulnerable to market highs and lows. This is one of the main reasons most banks and lenders prefer to have a higher down payment (20%) from jumbo loan seekers.
If you are a home buyer looking for the lowest down payment Jumbo loan, at the lowest interest rate, be sure to contact us. We are available to assist you 7 days a week. Buyers can visit Jumbo Mortgage Source here for more info on all programs.
Below we have listed our current Jumbo LTV / Credit requirements for Full Documentation loans:
- 95% LTV – up to $2,000,000 with 700+ credit score. (740 score needed for loan amounts above $1.5m) Buyers can choose 1 loan or a 1st and 2nd mortgage combo up to $2.0m. Both Jumbo options have no monthly PMI – mortgage insurance.
- 90% LTV – up to $3,000,000 with 700+ credit score.
- 85% LTV – up to $3,500,000 with 700+ credit score.
In addition to the full documentation options listed above, we also offer some nice non-conventional loan options listed below.
Bank Statement program for self-employed borrowers:
- No tax returns, IRS 4506, or P&L statements are needed. Income verification is done by reviewing bank statements.
- Owner-occupied primary homes and 2nd homes. Investment homes are permitted only with a greater 20% down.
- 680 credit score required for all programs.
- Owner Occupied primary homes – Loan amounts up to $825,000 with 20% down – 80% LTV
- Owner Occupied primary homes – Loan amounts up to $1,200,000 with 20% down payment – 80% LTV
2 Year Bank Statement program for self-employed borrowers.
- 2 years of bank statements are required.
- A minimum credit score of 580
- Minimum 6 months of savings/reserves.
- Primary owners occupied, 2nd homes, condo, townhome, SFR only – NO investment home purchases.
- Loan Amount up to $1,000,000 with 9 months saving reserves.
- Loan Amounts up to $1,500,000 with 12 months of saving reserves.
- 30 year fixed rate terms.
- Available for Purchase, Rate-Term Refinance and Cash-Out Refinance.
Foreclosure & Short Sale Program
- 1 day out of Foreclosure or short sale ok – NO foreclosure or short sale waiting period.
- Min 580 credit score needed.
- 24 months bank statements are needed.
- 30-year fixed, no pre-payment penalty.
- Must be a U.S. resident.
- Owner-occupied and second homes only. Single-family, condo, and townhomes are all ok.
- Up to 80% loan to value for loan amounts up to $850,000 ( 20% down payment)
- Up to 75% loan to value for loan amounts up to $1,100,000 (25% down payment)
- Up to 65% loan to value for loan amounts over $1,200,000 (35% down payment)
Foreign Nationals – Non-US Citizens
- Loan amounts from $100,000 – $3,000,000
- Min of 12 months of verified savings/reserves are required.
- 2nd homes and Investment homes only. 1 unit properties only.
- Home purchase, rate/term refinance and cash-out refinance allowed.
- Minimum of (3) strong credit references from the country residing.
- No credit score is needed.
- Up to 65% loan to value. Min 35% down payment required.
Visit Jumbo Mortgage Source here for more info on all programs listed above.
Alachua, Boca Raton, Bonita Springs, Boynton Beach, Bradenton, Cape Coral, Clearwater, Cocoa Beach, Coral Gables, Daytona Beach, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Deltona, Destin, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Fort Pierce, Gainesville, Homestead, Jacksonville, Jupiter, Key Largo, Kissimmee, Leesburg, Marco Island, Melbourne, Miami, Naples, Neptune Beach, New Port Richey, New Smyrna Beach, Ocala, Orlando, Ormond Beach, Palm Bay, Palm Beach, Panama City, Pembroke Pines, Pensacola, Pinellas Park, Plant City, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Port St. Lucie, Punta Gorda, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Stuart, Tampa, Tarpon Springs, Titusville, Venice, Vero Beach, West Palm Beach, Winter Garden, Winter Haven, Winter Park,