Florida FHA loans are a great choice for many first time home buyers in Florida. The primary reason for this FHA requires limited down payment – only 3.5% down is required. The FHA mortgage program provides several benefits to Tampa home buyers, keeping in mind the budget difficulties of many homeowners who are considering purchasing their first home.
Compared to most traditional mortgage loans, the FHA mortgage loan facilitates the process for the applicant. Besides that, the FHA mortgage loan consists of a very low down payment, which makes it a lot easier for homeowners that may have problems saving for the large down payment necessary by common home loans.
What are the most important advantages to choosing an FHA loans in Tampa ?
• Secure fixed loan interest rates – One of the big advantages of your Florida FHA loan is the benefit of having a fixed 15 or 30 year interest rate. In comparison to other regular loans in which the loan interest rates change, the rate remains the same for the total length of the loan. This timeframe is typically for 30 years. Because of this provision, the consumer can budget their predetermined monthly installment ahead of time.
• Minimum down payment – The Federal government insures or supports FHA loans, therefore the borrower has very minimal charges in the process. FHA mortgages require a minimum 3.5% financial commitment from the applicant. The loan does allow for the home seller to pay for all closing costs, up to 6% which is frequently enough to take care of almost any property sale.
• Not Hard to Qualify – Prequalifying for a Florida FHA home loan is rather straightforward. Because it’s the FHA that insures your home loan, the creditors and lending institutions make it feasible for anybody to qualify when they meet the base requirements. The primary components of qualifying are history of credit, earnings and employment history.
• There is no cash reserves required – In contrast to most conventional home loan programs, Florida’s FHA home loan is a very tempting option for Tampa first time buyers that have a little cash saved.
Tampa First Time buyers should find out what to expect before starting the FHA mortgage loan application process. Being prepared will always boost your opportunities in successfully getting the FHA mortgage approved. Here we list a few steps and some things to consider.
In advance of application:
1. Debt-to-income ratio
Careful study needs to be done at this point. Mortgage lenders differ on precise amounts, but a financial debt load that is greater than 41 to 45 percent is high risk for an FHA loan. You will need 2 years of continual employment with no unexplained breaks in job history.
2. Credit History
It is generally the small issues which may damage your consumer credit. Check your income source, credit worthiness, together with rent history which may show up on a credit score. Get everything taken care of and work towards a spotless record.
3. Credit ratings
In 2024, a FICO score of 600 or better is required for the 3.5% down payment with the FHA. If you have had a bankruptcy or foreclosure, you will have to have maintained a perfect credit score since then (4 years and 5 years respectively) regardless of recent creditworthiness.
FHA Mortgage Loan Application:
• Complete the Buyer Information request, that lets us know what you have and just what you need. It will permit the FHA mortgage lender to call you to discuss your primary goal. Subsequently, a full mortgage application will need to be completed that details everything about you, the borrower, which is used for determining whether you are qualified for a mortgage loan or otherwise. The interest rate and terms of the loan will also be identified largely by the data in your loan application form, credit scores, etc.
• In the event the application is preapproved, you will get the disclosure records that are essentially initial loan documents that have all the minute details in connection with terms and conditions, loan rates, cost and installment payments of the home loan.
• This has to be agreed upon and returned along with documents such as your bank account statements, IDs, personal references, etc., for validation purposes. Usually, these documents are prepped and readied before the loan application is submitted to the loan provider.
• The processor double checks all validating papers and may request absent documentation from the borrower if needed.
• When completed, the documents are sent to the underwriter.
• The underwriter will be sending a Conditions List of further missing elements or documents to the purchaser.
• After the buyer completes the requested items on the list, it is returned to the mortgage lender for final authorization. A closing date is then scheduled.
Notice: When you are in contract on a residence, the entire loan closing process takes roughly three weeks to a month.
Homebuyers looking to purchase a home in the outlying locations of Tampa should also check into the 100% USDA Loan at www.UsdaMortgageSource.com This program requires NO down payment 100% financing in selected locations in Hillsborough County.
FHA Mortgage Source is Florida’s FHA loan leader, serving you 7 days a week. Please call us at Ph: 800-743-7556 or submit the quick Info Request Form on this page.