Welcome to FHA Mortgage Source, proudly serving Florida and Georgia including: Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Sarasota, Naples, Lakeland, Ocala, Tallahassee, Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta, Savannah.
Attention homeowners that already have an FHA mortgage: Please take the time to read about recent reductions in FHA mortgage insurance premiums here. These positive changes and FHA streamline refinance program could potentially save you money on your monthly mortgage payments.
FHA Mortgage Source specializes in 3.5% down payment Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgages for first time home buyers and current homeowners. This government insured mortgage program is backed by the United States Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and provides a number of homeownership opportunities with minimal down payment required. Started in 1934, the FHA is the largest government insurer of home loans in the US today. The government backed FHA mortgage program is one of the last remaining home loan programs that allow home buyers to purchase a home with little money down. That’s right, it is still possible to purchase a home with as little as 3.5% down payment!
Regardless of your mortgage knowledge, FHA Mortgage Source will be happy to assist you. We take the time to answer all your questions and educated you on the advantages of FHA home loans available in Florida & Georgia. If you are looking for information on government home loan options, you have come to the right place!
For information about the $0 Down USDA Rural Loan in FL & GA – please visit our partners at www.UsdaMortgageSource.com
Questions? Please submit the quick info request form on the right side at anytime. We typically respond to all submitted request forms within 15 minutes during regular business hours.
Mobile phone users – please click here for the info request form, or call ph: 904-302-6060.
So what exactly is an FHA home loan?
The purpose of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is to provide mortgage insurance for loans made by FHA approved lenders, banks and brokers to enhance opportunities for home ownership throughout Florida. The goal of the FHA loan program is to help our communities expand by making homes more affordable through limited down payment and credit requirements. It is important to note that FHA itself is not a direct lender, but rather a government entity that provides the insurance needed for private lenders to make loans requiring a minimum down payment. In the event of mortgage default, FHA mortgage insurance protects the lender from losses. FHA bridges the gap between FHA lenders and homeowners by providing a new form of financing that provides longer-term affordable mortgages.
Listed below you will find benefits of an FHA mortgage.
- FHA home loans require only 3.5% down payment for home purchases – up to 96.5% financing.
- FHA offers many flexible refinancing options for existing Florida home owners.
- FHA home loans are secure and backed by the US Government and have NO prepayment penalty ( You can pay off the mortgage anytime without penalty)
- Florida Home buyers can use gift funds to help pay for FHA down payment and closing costs expenses.
- Closing costs can also be paid by the seller of the home, up to 6% concessions from the home seller is allowed.
- Qualifying for a FHA loan with lower credit scores is possible. *Please note, current min required credit score is 620 for max 96.5% FHA financing*
- FHA home loans are secure fixed rate terms at low market interest rates set by approved lenders, banks and mortgage brokers. FHA interest rates are often lower than conventional loans that require a large down payment.
- New reduced FHA mortgage insurance (MIP) for 2015.
- No household income restrictions.
- FHA home loans are for ANY new & existing single family residence, townhome or FHA approved condo. The property being purchased can be a regular sale, short sale, foreclosure home, etc, that meets HUD standards. We currently DO NOT offer any loans on mobile or manufactured homes.
- Co-signers and non-occupying home buyers are permitted with the FHA loan program.
- Great for First Time Homebuyers and Florida public service workers like Teachers, Firefighters and Police Law Enforcement.
Please note that FHA/HUD also has a special $100 down program for select HUD owned properties here in Florida. Click the highlighted link to learn more about the HUD 100 down program and to find approved HUD homes for sale in your area.
Please click the FHA Loan Details page above to learn more about this wonderful Government home loan. FHA financing, historic low interest rates and affordable property values make this a wonderful time to purchase your new home.
If you have questions about the FHA loan qualification or pre-approval requirements, let us help! To expedite your request, please fill out the short info request form on the upper right side of this page. We often respond to all submitted request forms within 15 min.
Mobile phone users – please click here for the quick info request form.
You can also call us 7 days a week/ 9am-8pm at ph: 904-302-6060 See why FHA Mortgage Source is Florida & Georgia’s leading resource for all Government home loans.
Please be sure to visit our FHA News page above for the latest FHA mortgage news and FHA loan Q&A.
Looking to purchase a home in a more Florida rural location? Please be sure check into the 100% USDA Home Loan by clicking here. Your location could very well be approved for USDA financing. USDA Rural Housing requires NO down payment in qualifying locations around Fl & GA.
Florida FHA Mortgage Source services all of Florida & Georgia, including : Lakeland, Sarasota, Tallahassee, Gainesville FL, Ocala, Daytona, Deland, Deltona, Winter Garden, Clermont, St. Augustine, Spring Hill, Winter Haven, Plant City, Fort Myers, Lake City, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Pensacola, Plant City, Jacksonville, Orlando, Titusville, Kissimmee – St. Cloud, Brandon, Naples, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Delray, Bradenton, Lake City, Port Charlotte, Vero Beach, Sebring, Fort Myers, St. Lucie FLA, FHA Mortgage Interest Rates August 2015